Garden furniture made of wood - They are particularly popular because they simply look a lot nicer than the usual plastic furniture available in any hardware store. Furniture made of teak is particularly popular with these pieces of furniture.
It is clear that these are more susceptible and you have to treat them differently than plastic. The following maintenance-Tips to keep in mind for a long time:
- Wooden furniture can be wiped off at any time with a damp cloth.
- For basic cleaning, especially in autumn, before storing in the winter quarters, you should clean all the furniture with soapy water. Do not use sharp cleaning agents!
- Storage should not be too cool and should never take place where it is damp. Covering with a tarpaulin is not recommended, as mold can form here.
- When spring lures outside again and you take out the furniture, it should be cleaned with lukewarm water and then air-dried.
- Wooden furniture should also be oiled from time to time and sanded from time to time if the surface becomes too rough.
Anyone who pays attention to this will have good-looking wooden furniture for a long time.